An application package is a resume where crucial information about who you are must be presented in the best possible light. Getting into the college of your choice requires strategy. Having a personal coach who specializes in admissions can make this process easy and powerful.
Your Arete coach will give you the competitive advantage over other applicants by helping you effectively answer critical questions including:
- How do I present myself in the most positive way?
- What should I write my personal statement about?
- My freshman and sophomore grades are not as good as my junior and senior grades. How do I explain this?
- Who should write my recommendations?
- My SAT scores are not as high as my top choice requires. Do I still have a chance?
- What extra-curricular activities should I pursue to make me a well rounded applicant?
- My SAT scores are great, but my grades are inconsistent. Should I explain this to the admissions board? If so, how?
- How do I choose the right college for me?
- Are my SAT II scores high enough? Should I take more? Which ones should I take?
- Should I take the SAT or the ACT? Do colleges like one more than the other?
- How do I fortify my resume?
- What else can I add to strengthen my application?
- Based on my record and SAT scores, should I apply early?
- I do not test well and need extra time on standardized tests; who should I call?
At Arete we help students select the college list that best reflects their interests, passions and goals. If a student knows what his or her first choice school is, we expertly analyze the strengths and areas of development for the applicant and provide specific strategies to help make that dream a reality.
- Arete coaches study the student’s existing academic and extra-curricular history and provide ideas to strengthen resumes.
- We empower students to develop and follow their passions, find the right community and leadership projects and create a plan to develop them.
- We examine where a student needs extra support or help. We provide academic subject coaches where needed and encourage students to interact with their teachers on a regular basis.
- We strategize when to take standardized tests, which ones to take (or re-take), recommendations for school coursework, activities, Summer experiences, community services and internships.
- We help to brainstorm and edit personal statements and put together all aspects of the college application.
Transferring used to be an easier way to get into a first-choice school. With fewer top tier schools accepting transfer students, essays, scores, extra-curriculars and rationale for transferring have to be as strong as possible.
Arete coaches help students brainstorm to find the best personal statement that may not always be the most obvious one. We also edit essays for content, grammar and style so that final submissions are in perfect form. Finally, we review each essay for alignment with the varied expectations and cultural personalities of each school.
Many transfer students have specific colleges in mind. If you are unsure of what you are looking for we can provide you with a list of schools that match your interests in terms of academic rigor, location, size, etc. In addition, we provide an application review service for students who would like to have an extra pair of eyes to double check applications for content and potential errors.
Contact us today to learn how we can help you get accepted into your top choice school.