Arete coaches work with students to master the approach to tests and to develop strong, strategic test taking skills.
New York City Specialized High Schools Admissions Test (SHSAT) is an exam 8th and 9th graders take as part of their applications to six New York City Specialized High Schools. The ISEE (Independent School Entrance Examination) and the SSAT (Secondary School Admission Test) are used for admission to private middle schools, high schools and boarding schools.
In addition to standardized test prep, Arete coaches offer the following:
- Guidance to create a list of preferred schools
- Formulating a plan and timeline for the admissions process
- Essay help for both parents and students
- Developing a powerful brag sheet
Arete offers standardized test preparation services for the following:
Your Arete tutor will:
- Help you master material
- Practice techniques to avoid common test-taking pitfalls
- Learn strategies to apply classroom knowledge to tricky questions
- Learn how to write a compelling, well-crafted essay specifically geared towards your test(s)
- Develop techniques to work well within time restraints
- Take regular practice sections and tests to familiarize yourself with test taking environment and track progress