TRANSFER STUDENT COUNSELING
Looking to transfer schools? You are not alone – about 33% of all college students transfer at least once.
Arete counselors help students looking to transfer from their current institution and find a school more suitable to their individual needs. The transfer process is different from the initial application process – your Arete counselor will walk you through it step-by-step. In one-on-one counseling sessions, we work with the student to create a list of potential transfer schools and develop a stellar transfer application.
Your Arete college counselor will help you determine:
- Which schools will be the best fit for you
- Which standardized tests you should take again
- Who should write your new letters of recommendation
- How to ensure as many credits as possible transfer from your first school to your new one
- How to maximize your chance for admission through extracurriculars, coursework, etc
- How to write the best new personal statement and most effectively communicate your reasons for transferring